Professional Childminder Gill McMahon • Based in Welwyn Garden City
Hi there. My name is Gill McMahon.
I am an Ofsted approved childminder providing excellent quality care for children in a comfortable, friendly, stimulating and safe home environment. I am based in Welwyn Garden City and live with my husband Lance and have 2 girls, one who lives at home and one who is at university in Leeds.
I pick up and drop off at all local schools and nurseries.
My opening times are Monday to Friday 7.30am - 7.00pm. Flexible by request.
As a professional childminder I aim to give the children I look after a loving caring and safe environment while they are away from their parents. The most important thing is for the children to feel safe and secure at all times.
I take all abilities into account in order to stimulate all aspects of their development, social, physical, intellectual, communication and emotional.
I aim to instil real life, independent skills through the use of structured play both indoors and outdoors. This includes a variety of art and craft activities, messy play, cooking and playing with construction equipment toys.
I have a natural passion and flair for childminding; my goal is to transfer this into positive learning and emotional development experiences for the children I care for.
I have been rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in my last 2 inspections.
Quote from my Ofsted Inspection 2009: Download it here.
• "Children are exceptionally well cared for and make outstanding progress in their learning as the childminder has an excellent understanding of the requirements of the early years foundation stage."
• "Children have an enjoyable and highly rewarding time in the childminder's care."
• "The childminder clearly enjoys her job, constantly works very hard to ensure children are happy and safe and offers an outstanding service to children and their families".
Quote from my Ofsted Inspection 2014: Download it here.
• "The childminder has outstanding knowledge and understanding of how children learn. She provides a high quality play-based environment, with rich opportunities for children to investigate across the prime and specific areas of learning. As a result, they make rapid progress in their learning."
• "Partnerships with parents are excellent and ensure children's individual needs are identified from the beginning and children are well supported through their time at the setting. Children are extremely safe in an environment which is secure and stimulating. Children are very happy, self-assured and confident".
• "The childminder undertakes exceptionally well-focused assessments of learning. Parents are full of praise for the care and opportunities their children enjoy with the childminder."
Please sign my Guestbook
professional association for
childcare and early years